I wish I had time to write more about this today, but I have an important post to get to from LeoHohmann.com.
New readers, especially readers from Oklahoma, need to know that World Relief is a member of the Religious Left and is one of nine federal refugee resettlement contractors.***
In a recent analysis we learned that they are 73% funded from the federal treasury and here they are doing media events in support of the DACA ‘kids’ and in opposition to a Republican President.
Clearly, either Senator Lankford endorses the idea of federally-funded NGOs staging political events (starring him! and using our money?), or his staff is not well-informed.
This is a screen shot of the opening paragraph of World Relief’s press announcement:
World Relief also has a letter being published in the WaPo today listing pastors who support their open borders view. I couldn’t find it quickly, but you might look for it and see if your hometown pastors are involved.
If you live in Oklahoma and don’t want your Republican Senator starring in this event, you should let him know.
He probably thinks it is a political freebie!
*** These are the nine federal refugee contractors that could not exist without federal funding.
Why is there no law restricting them from lobbying and otherwise putting on agitprop events while living off the federal dole?
The number in parenthesis is the percentage of their budget that is funded involuntarily by you, the taxpayer. Does Senator Lankford support politically active supposed religious ‘charities’ living off of all of us?
- Church World Service (CWS) (71%)
- Ethiopian Community Development Council (ECDC) (secular)(93%)
- Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM) (99.5%)
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) (57%)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC) (secular) (66.5%)
- US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) (secular) (98%)
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS) (97%)
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) (97%)
- World Relief Corporation (WR) (72.8%)